Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It Has Been A While!!!

Wow time has just slipped by so fast! With the holidays and just life in general we have been so busy. Who knows what?... obviously not updating my blog! We hope everybody has had a great start off to the new year. Well ours started off to be a great year until last weekend. We found out that SNOW + RAIN = FLOODED BASEMENT! Saturday we spent the day cleaning up our flooded family room. We pulled up the carpet to dry it out, got rid of the carpet padding, sucked up the water with the shop vac, Zane dug trenches to try and get the water to move away from the house, and pumped water out of the trenches, and continued to vacum and pump out water the rest of the day.

6 comments:

Kevin and Erin said...

I didn't know that happened. That really sucks!! Especially since you thought you had that problem fixed.

Jesse, Nicole and Elle said...

I'm so sorry! What a mess! You have been busy. Good luck!

Jared & Emily said...

Hey Belinda, I just found your blog through Cher. You're little kids are SO cute! I'm glad I get to see you in volleyball Thursday nights, it's going to end soon but now I have your blog! Sorry about your basement, good luck with that. See you later!

FJ Johnson said...

I know how that is. My basement somehow gets water leaking in with every rain storm. I try to fix it but no luck yet. It finds so many ways in to my old little house. But i have found this old carpet cleaner i have works fantastic at sucking up the water. Good Luck!

Kate said...

Belle that is horrible!!! Another reason in my book as to WHY I HATE WINTER!! Can it be Summer already???? And that is a GREAT reason to NOT be updating your blog -- at least you have a reason!

Cher said...

I'm sorry that you guys have had a rough winter. If there is anything I can do to help you, give me a call. We can make it an all day event. Plus, IT's been FOREVER since I last saw you.